Castberggård Højskole is hiring 2 teachers
Castberggård Højskole (folk high school) is looking to hire two (2) teachers with varying skills, strengths, and experiences.
The position is one (1) year term with possibility of extension, and it is a 30-hour work week.
This is a unique opportunity for you if…
You are dreaming of working on a unique international education program, Frontrunners, with the goal of empowering and working with deaf youths as well as becoming a part of a dynamic education-based team.
You love flexibility, facing challenges and challenging yourself, and you don’t mind, if your day turns out differently than you expected.
You are a team player, and you can make sure that projects meet the deadlines as well as the goals set by the team. You are not afraid of being creative and coming up with new ideas. You are willing to take on other tasks besides your allocated teaching work.
You have teaching experience, and you are acquainted with provision of non-formal/accredited education methodology.
You are fluent in International Sign, and you have proficiency in written English.
We are seeking for the following knowledge, skills & experience to be shared between the two new positions here
· Technological knowledge: You have mastered filming, photography and post-processing work (You are familiar using those programs: Photoshop, Premiere Pro and eventually After Effects). You also have strong knowledge of managing and using studio lighting appropriate for the deaf community.
· Knowledge in media and social media skills: You know how to introduce basic skills of media and social media to our students despite their varying levels of skill in this field. You know how to meet the needs of our students with a range of different abilities and motivate them where appropriate.
· Strategic thinking and community management: You can confidently introduce social media strategies and analytical skills to our students as part of your teaching with the teaching goal of having the students making informed decisions based on the results of the data analysis processes.
· Project management: You know how creating media/social media content requires good project management and you can introduce these crucial skills on a digital project management given to the students and be confident in encouraging them to utilize their new skills in varying areas where applicable.
· Promoting Frontrunners: You know how to work with website design and how to promote successfully, through Frontrunners’ website and other social media channels where applicable.
Deaf studies and other human rights related topics
Knowledge of deaf studies, linguistics, and minority studies related topics (race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability): It is an advantage, if you have theoretical knowledge in the aforementioned topics. You are capable of adjusting your teaching methods where applicable, and you know how to introduce the varying areas of theoretical knowledge to our students who have a range of different learning styles.
Outdoors / adventure sports
· Creativity in sports: You are a sportsperson and understand the potential of being creative through sports, creating creative sport events to also meet the different physical needs of our students.
· Knowledge in the area of sport psychology/sport management: You know how to introduce sport psychological theories and sports management and how these boost the performance and well-being of athletes. You can introduce developmental and social aspects of sports participation and address issues associated with sports and organisations in relation to management skills.
· Basic knowledge in health and nutrition: You can help the FAST students with building and maintaining their active lifestyle and exercise routines where applicable.
Your employment conditions will be under Danish rules and expectations, and we are willing to help you with finding a place to live near the school, if needed.
Send your application including an updated curriculum vitae and a video where you sign in International Sign describing your motivations for applying for this position with us at Frontrunners.
The deadline for receiving applications is 30 August 2021, 12.00pm (GMT+2). The interview will take place in the first week of September 2021, via Zoom.
Send your application, curriculum vitae, and motivation video to Outi Toura-Jensen by mail, email@example.com
If you have any questions related to the available positions, you are welcome to contact Outi Toura-Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 60 43 6957 (Facetime, WhatsApp or Glide)